Saturday, January 2, 2016

Your Feet Swelling up?

After yesterdays rant about 2016, I can see that it's pretty easy to remember things that have gone wrong. And I can also easily remember many good and even great things that happened since I last blogged. Such as grand babies, time with family, new stuff and vacations. So I can be thankful (or not) for the good stuff that happened to me and the bad stuff that happened to me.

So this morning I read this: "Remember how the Lord your God led you all the way in the wilderness these forty years...Your clothes did not wear out and your feet did not swell during these forty years." (Deut. 8:2,4) It's a good thing too! Not many malls in the desert to pick up some new duds! Anyway, so I'm thinking, I remember the stuff that happened to me, good and bad. But I rarely, if ever, considered the bad that didn't happen to me.

Eye opener. I really should be thankful to God for His protection! I mean, I'm in traffic all day long five or six days a week. People are texting in at least half the cars I pass daily. There eyes down, not looking forward. STOP IT! Last year my health didn't fail, my truck didn't breakdown, we didn't go hungry, my house didn't blow away in a hurricane, my clothes didn't wear out and my feet did not swell up!

I going to continue to be thankful to God for all the good things that He does for me. "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." (James 1:17) And I'll continue to pray to be rescued from all the bad times that come my way.

But now I have a new appreciation for His daily-life faithfulness He shows to me in His constant protection of me and my household. Thank you Jesus!

Drop me a line,

Greg

No comments: