Tuesday, February 11, 2014

...Neither Would I

The other day I thought to myself: "I wouldn't take anything for my children!" Meaning as I thought that, there is nothing I would take in trade for any of them! My wife, my sons and now their wives and my grandchildren are my shining stars. I will do anything in my power for their well-being, provision, protection and joy! If you are a parent, you know what I mean.


I believe my parents feel the same way about my sister and me. It is a love that is connected not just in the flesh, but deep inside, in the core of our being, as if a spiritual umbilical cord from our heart to our children was never cut. Any attempt by man or the devil to separate this connection is like our own flesh being ripped apart. That love of family is that strong, that intense and that precious.

I think that our God feels that same way about everyone of us in His creation. We are all His children. What must it feel like to Him to have so many of us reject His offer of salvation? The greatest gift of love that has ever been offered was His Son, Jesus, dying in our place for our sins! Anyone's rejection of this love must just rip at the heart of God like a son we love saying: "I don't give a damn how much you love me or how much you have done for me. I don't want to have anything to do with you. Get out of my life Dad!

Don't reject His love! He will never leave you or forsake you! He is the Father who loves YOU!

I don't know what you believe about God speaking to you. I believe He speaks to us through His Word, by the Holy Spirit, in a still small voice, into the quiet of our spirit's, through others and right out loud if He so desires.

The other day when I thought to myself: "I wouldn't take anything for my children!" He immediately replied: "Neither would I!"

Spend some time with you Father in Heaven. He loves you without conditions!

Drop me a line,

Greg

1 comment:

Nise said...

Good words, thank you for sharing your heart.